Search for atmospheres
No one is allowed to talk here
At the Diogenes Club
"There are many men in London, you know, who, some from shyness, some from misanthropy, have no wish for the company of their fellows. Yet they are not averse to comfortable chairs and the latest periodicals. It is for the convenience of these that the Diogenes Club was started, and it now contains the most unsociable and unclubable men in town. No member is permitted to take the least notice of any other one. Save in the Stranger's Room, no talking is, under any circumstances, allowed, and three offences, if brought to the notice of the committee, render the talker liable to expulsion. My brother was one of the founders, and I have myself found it a very soothing atmosphere."
― Sherlock Holmes
Comments for "At the Diogenes Club"
License details for "At the Diogenes Club"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Clinking Teacups by ahill86 at http://freesound.org +)
- 1840s Grandfather Clock by daveincamas from http://www.freesound.org/people/daveincamas/sounds/27077/ +)
- Page Flip by Flag2 +)
- Chair creak by Gildaren +)
- Horse and carriage by Hello Kapa +)
- calm fireplace by kangaroo +)
- Pouring tea, drinking by lunafaery +)
- Cough2 by Vinicius +)