Search for atmospheres
221B Baker Street, circa. 1895
Go back to the Victorian era, and enjoy a simple evening with Holmes and Watson...
"Here dwell together still two men of note
Who never lived and so can never die:
How very near they seem, yet how remote
That age before the world went all awry.
But still the game's afoot for those with ears
Attuned to catch the distant view-halloo:
England is England yet, for all our fears—
Only those things the heart believes are true.
A yellow fog swirls past the window-pane
As night descends upon this fabled street:
A lonely hansom splashes through the rain,
The ghostly gas lamps fail at twenty feet.
Here, though the world explode, these two survive,
And it is always eighteen ninety-five."
- 221b, by Vincent Starett
Comments for "1895."
License details for "1895."
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Pocketwatch by Bidone from http://freesound.org" +)
- fountain pen by Desiree +)
- Old Typewriter (1912) by juskiddink from http://www.freesound.org +)
- Pouring tea, drinking by lunafaery +)
- violins phrase by Mariusz Jasionowicz - www.raresound.co.uk +)
- Walking on carpet by otakua from http://freesound.org +)
- horse carriage by thefilmbakery from freesound.org +)
- Clock tower chime by urupin from freesound.org +)